Our headquarters is conveniently located in Colorado, which enables our clients to use a firm with expert local knowledge and staff that have experience working directly with gas companies, seismic testing companies, and engineering firms in the area every day. Our experience with the oil & gas industry has helped us develop a good working relationship with state and federal natural resource agencies, allowing us to streamline the review process for our clients.
Rare, Threatened and Endangered Species Services:
- Agency Negotiation and Communication: Our professionals have good working relationships with the regulatory agency staff with whom we are constantly communicating, and are aware of specific survey and management requirements associated with conflicts to individual species.
- Bird Surveys: Raptor migration counts, breeding bird surveys, mortality monitoring, rare, threatened and endangered species habitat suitability assessments and presence/absence surveys including Burrowing Owl, American Kestrel, Barn Owl, Great-Horned Owl, Swainson's Hawk, Bald Eagle, Golden Eagle, Harris's Hawk, among others.
- Rare Plant Surveys: Qualified surveyors for most plant species in the northeastern United States including New Mexico state sensitive, Scheer's Beehive Cactus.
- Reptile and Amphibian Surveys: Habitat and species surveys for the Massasauga Rattlesnake, Bog Turtle, Wood Turtle, and many other species.
- Rattlesnake safety monitoring at construction sites.
- Environmental Inspections: We have environmental inspectors available to ensure contractor compliance with E&S plans on a variety of project types.
- Habitat Surveys: Terrestrial and aquatic surveys for development impact assessments.
- Habitat Enhancement/Mitigation: Our staff are experienced in both design and implementation of habitat mitigation/enhancement plans for sensitive species.
- Stream and Pond Aquatic Bioassays: Wildlife Specialists offers stream and pond quality assessment via assays of water chemistry and invertebrate, fish and vegetative communities with cooperation through certified laboratories.